Products for Your Small Business
With the state of today's economy, many people are choosing to work at home as entrepreneurs. More and more corporations are offering their employees the ability to work from home several days a week as well which saves money for the corporation and for the employee. For example, the cost of gas! Setting up your office doesn't have to be difficult, and can save you money while you multi-task.
In my sales office at home, I wanted to be able to answer and end my calls from a wireless headset while I was down the hall getting coffee, filing, outside watching the dogs, or checking on someone at the door. Other people may require a corded headset per their company's parameters. Whatever your requirements may be, we have a headset solution and telephone solution for you in a variety of styles and price ranges. First determine your needs, then choose a headset to work within your parameters.
Within the headset descriptions, a monaural headset is one that has one ear pad. A binaural headset is one that has two ear pads. A noise-canceling headset is one that eliminates your background noise so your customer doesn't hear it.
Q. I am working at home, and my company says I can only use a corded headset - nothing wireless. What are my options?
A. We offer some combination phones with headsets that can be clipped on to your belt, so you can move around your office and stay connected:
1. CT12: Single-line analog phone with a noise canceling convertible headset which can be worn over the head or on the ear.
2. T10H: Single-line analog phone which can be used with any of our Plantronics “H” series headsets. For high quality sound that includes a noise canceling microphone and all day comfort, we suggest pairing the phone with either an H251N monaural headset or the H261N binaural noise-canceling headset. Also see bundle H261N+T10H.
Q. Do you have a wireless headset that comes with a phone?
A. Yes! That would be the new Calisto Pro single-line phone with its own wireless headset. Brand new from Plantronics and is a huge upgrade from the CT12 above.
Q. What type of corded headset will work with my cordless or corded phone?
A. Be sure you have purchased a phone that comes with a headset jack. We have many phones available both corded and cordless that are already preconfigured with headset jacks. We recommend the following in various models and prices:
1. M175C Monaural over-the-head noise-canceling headset for cordless and most mobile phones
2. M214i 3-in-1 headset-worn in the ear for cordless phones, internet calling and most mobile phones
3. MX500C with Windsmart technology, worn in the ear, for cordless and most mobile phones
4. MX500i 3-in-1 headset worn in the ear for cordless phones, internet calls, and most mobile phones
5. S12 for desktop corded telephones. Convertible monaural headset for over-the-head or over the ear, noise-canceling and in use light indicator.
Q. I would like to be able to use a wireless headset with my desktop corded phone and my mobile phone. What can you suggest for this solution?
A. We have two solutions for you in this situation:
1. Voyager 510S will pair with both your desktop phone and your cellular phone.
2. Voyager 510SL will pair with both your desktop phone, your cellular phone, and with the included handset lifter, allow you to answer and end calls a away from your desk.
Q. I want a total wireless solution for my desktop corded phone. What is available to me?
A. We have several models to choose from. The pricing difference is in the technology, style and features of each headset. For phone intensive work, we recommend a higher end headset that will be more comfortable for all day phone work. Our wireless headsets all feature a range of up to 300 ft. away from the base and the ability to add a handset lifter to your phone allowing you the freedom to answer/end calls away from your desk.
1. CS55 wireless headset with noise-canceling feature and convertible headset-over the head or over the ear. Most popular and economical headset.
2. CS70N noise-canceling headset. Sleek design with voice tube style microphone.
3. CS351N noise-canceling monaural over-the-head style headset. For phone intensive work built for comfort.
4. CS361N noise-canceling binaural over-the-head style headset. For phone intensive work built for comfort.
Q. I would rather have a wireless headset that works with my Bluetooth cellular phone. What choices can you recommend?
A. We have many styles available. Please see BLUETOOTH HEADSETS for a complete list of choices.
Q. I need to save space. Do you carry any multi-functional machines that can do faxing as well as printing or other functions?
A. Yes we do. Please see our Fax Machines category for choices in products and pricing.
For a wide variety of corded and cordless telephones, please check our TELEPHONES category for the phone model of your choice. We have many styles to choose from. If you have any questions about the type of headset that you are looking for, or what will work best with your model phone, please feel free to contact us either through email at: email@example.com by phone at: 336-858-2639. We will be happy to assist you in making the correct choice.
Home Office Tips
Make your own desk: I need a lot of desk top space when I'm working, as it seems that I have many projects going on simultaneously. Instead of spending a ton of money on an office furniture suite, we made one very easily. We purchased a large, unfinished wooden door (without the doorknob hole in it) at Lowe's (or Home Depot-your choice) to use as the desktop, stained it with a color of my choosing, then put on a sealer of clear polyurethane. We then drilled a few holes towards the back on both sides and inserted plastic grommets, so I could have my countless wires pass through to the back of my desk. For the base, we purchased two 2-drawer filing cabinets which gave me filing space and also a good base for the top of the desk. I also added one more 2-drawer filing cabinet at a later date as I needed more filing space. The desktop fits perfectly on top of the filing cabinets, and I have a beautiful desktop that is very functional and can be easily disassembled should we need to reconfigure the office space or move. Add a chair of your choosing, and you're good to go!
Two lines work better than one: With so many choices through the phone companies as well as your internet provider, adding phone lines couldn't be easier. We prefer two lines: 1 for our incoming main business line and another for outgoing calls which also works with our fax machine. When you're setting up your home office, try to plan ahead as sometimes you save more money getting more items together than one at a time.
Make a list: Make a list of the “I Need” and the “I Want” items. What do you really require to get your home business started? Not everyone requires a computer, but with today's sale prices and models available, a PC or Notebook with a printer can sure streamline your life. A telephone is a must, and depending on how much you need to use your hands, a headset is an asset. Headsets are required by many companies who offer “Work at Home” businesses. Do your homework and shop around for good pricing on your office products. It's also important to work with companies who will be there to help after the sale instead of leaving you high and dry. Avante Hands Free Corporation has a great reputation for good quality products, pricing, and customer service.
The very best of luck in your business!